5 Budgeting Pit Falls to Avoid
It happens to the best of us. Sometimes, despite our best efforts, we find that we’ve gone over our monthly budget. The good news is there’s a way to learn from situations and make choices in the future that will allow you to succeed with your budgeting.
- Don’t wait until the end of the month to tally your expenses. The problem if you do is that can lead to surprises or you may find that you spend more an item than you realized.
- If your goal is to start saving money for your future, don’t delay in doing so. Even starting out with a small amount each month will help you. We suggest building this goal into your monthly budgets, too.
- Don’t under budget for monthly expenses. This, too, can take people and their budgets by surprise. Instead, we suggest over estimating for monthly expenses and necessities such as food, electricity, water, transportation and insurance by about 10 percent to be on the safe side and to give your budgets a margin of error.
- Don’t make your budget and planning too complicated. If your spreadsheets or tools too hard to use, you won’t track your budget very well. Even a simple Excel spread sheet can help you do the job well. The trick is to find something that works for you and to stick to it.
- Don’t forget to track those small items, too. Sometimes it’s the little things such as splurging on a latte or getting a manicure that can add up faster than you think. Make sure you track them, too. Better yet, include a category in your budget that allows for these occasional treat for yourself.
Pawngo Can Help, Too
If you find yourself with an unexpected cash flow shortage, Pawngo can help you with your short-term needs. Getting started with us is easy and doesn’t require an extensive credit check. Plus, you can do it from the comfort and privacy of your home. Just go to our website and fill out an application online. You’ll also need to provide us with information about your asset for a collateral loan offer. To learn more about online pawn loans and Pawngo visit https://pawngodev.engagesimply.com/ or call 1-866-499-2363.